Thursday, 21 February 2013
I highly rate AVG as an antivirus software, however the default "SafeSearch" feature it injects to every web browser you own annoys me deeply.. here's how to get rid of it in Firefox.
1. Click the small arrow next to the search provider icon and select Manage Search Engines…
2. Select the AVG Secure Search and Remove
3. Open the Firefox menu and select Options -> Options (or open the Tools menu and select the Options item).
4. Select the General tab and reset your home page.
5. Type about:config in the address bar and press Enter.
6. Press the I’ll be careful, I promise! Button.
7. Type search in the Search text box.
8. Right-click the browser.search.defaultenginename and select Reset from the context menu.
9. Type keyword in the Search text box.
10. Right-click the keyword.URL item and select Reset from the context menu.
11. Type browser.startup in the Search text box.
12. Right-click the browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone item and select Reset from the context menu.
13. Restart the Mozilla Firefox.
14. AVG Secure Search is now completely removed from the Mozilla Firefox browser.
Credit goes to the contributor on this website